How good are you at identifying cities based on how they look?
While I wouldn’t consider myself any sort of geography expert, I do think that I could identify many cities due to famous landmarks. (I’d guess that many of you could too!)
When thinking of cities and their famous site/ landmark, here are some that come to mind:
- Paris– Eiffel Tower & Arch de Triomphe
- London– Big Ben
- New York– Statue of Liberty
- Sydney– Opera House
- Kuala Lumpur– Petronas Towers
I’m sure there are many more that we could name but these are some of the obvious ones.
I came across another fun quiz from Buzzfeed which answers the question: Do You Have Any Clue What Major Cities Around the World Look Like?
When I first saw the topic I thought I had a chance of getting a decent score and was eager to give the quiz a try.
Here are some of the questions:
I didn’t expect to do so well and had to do some guessing but I was pretty happy with my results.
Find out by taking the Buzzfeed quiz here.
- Quiz: How Well Do You Know U.S. Geography
- “How Y’all, Youse & You Guys Talk”, Take the NY Times Dialect Quiz
- What Kind of Traveler Are You
- Can You Identify US States By Their Outline
- Can You Identify Places From Above
- How Many Countries Can You Name in 15 Minutes