When thinking about my past travel experienes, a few things come to mind that fit this bill.
- New Zealand– Abseiling (and jumping) down a canyon and waterfall. Kim and I didn’t know what we were getting ourselves into when we booked this day trip but it was a lot of fun and I’m glad that we did it.
- South Africa– Cage diving with sharks- I wish the visibility would’ve been a bit better but climbing into the cage and knowing (and seeing) how close the sharks came was an incredible rush.
- Namibia- Sandboarding on the massive dunes was a challenging task. I had never gone skiing or boarding prior to this. I was happy to be able to make it down a couple of times without falling but the hardest part was walking back up the dune for another try! I also went belly-boarding down the dunes. You pick up a lot of speed and they even clock you with a radar gun.
- Guatemala– Hiking up an active volcano was tiring and a lot of fun at the same time. In some spots if you sat on the rocks you could feel the heat. You could also see the flames under the volcanic rocks in other spots. We also bought a bag of marshmallows before heading up and roasted them on the volcano!
Buzzfeed came up with a post of 10 Thrills Everyone Should Try Once In Their Life.
Here are a few of my favorites (including the image above):
From Buzzfeed’s list there are a few things that I’ve done which I did not include.
- Go to a Music Festival
- Great Barrier Reef Diving (Well sort of. I got extremely seasick and didn’t get very far down in the water or see a whole lot.)
- Floating in the Dead Sea
- An Obstacle Course Endurance Race
What kind of thrilling things have you done while at home or on the road? Would you recommend trying them out?
Find out about all 10 Thrills… from Buzzfeed HERE.