There are many kinds of annoying travelers that you might cross paths with all around the world. For me the worst kind, are the overly loud, obnoxious know-it-alls. These kind of people tend to annoy me in all walks of life, not just travel.
When traveling, there are many situations where you can pretty much expect to find irratating people. Don’t get me wrong, we have met lots of interesting and nice people around the world. But there are types of annoying travelers that you are pretty much guaranteed to run into on the way to or during a trip.
Two of the most annoying to me are:
- Seat Pullers: You’re sitting comfortably in your seat on the plane and the person behind you has to give a big tug on your seat each time they get up or sit down. I don’t know what it is, but this seems to happen to me on just about every flight.
- Tour Group Participants: While visiting a busy sight, you want to see whatever it has to offer (or just walk by) but the main event is clogged/ blocked by a huge tour group. To top it off, you have to listen to the tour guide speaking way too loud through a microphone.
Thrillist came up with a list of the 15 Most Annoying Travelers In The World.
Check it out:
- The guy who complains about everything to get free stuff.
- The pool and hot tub hoggers.
- The embarrasingly underdressed traveler.
- The backpackers going to “find himself” in Southeast Asia.
- The Instabragger
- The Facebooker who checks in everywhere.
- The infrequent flier
- Problem passengers
- The unappreciative diner
- The European non-tippers
- The hyper-haggler
- The boring traveler
- The newbie traveler that suddenly knows everything
- The children draggers
- The overtly overly-friendly couple
While looking over the list, I thought most of the examples were pretty lame but there were a few that I (kind of) agree with. The under-dressed traveler is easily spotted and usually worth a laugh. The know-it-all traveler doesn’t always have to be a newbie. Either way, I’m not sure that most of us are interested in hearing their commentary.
What do you find to be the most annoying kind of travelers?
Find out about each of the “15 Most Annoying Travelers…” according to Thrillist here.