When it comes to travel, we tend to pick many more international destinations than domestic ones around America. However, in recent years we’ve been trying to make it a point to see more of our amazing country.
In recent years we’ve spent time in Florida, Kentucky, Minnesota, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas and Wisconsin (and a few others that I’ve probably left out). During some of the trips we had the opportunity to visit some National Parks like Badlands, the Everglades, the Grand Canyon and Mammoth Cave. We’ve also visited other parks which are designated as National Monuments & Historis Sites. In the future, I’d love to get to more of these parks and sites
USA Today came up with a list of 10 National Park Experiences of a Lifetime.
Check out the list:
- Take a full moon walk at Devil’s Tower National Monument- Wyoming
- Stroll the beach at Cumberland Island National Seashore- Georgia
- Visit Fort Laramie National Historic Site during annual Fur-Trading Days- Wyoming
- Ride a Red Jammer on Glacier National Park’s Going to the Sun Road- Montana
- Drive the length of the Blue Ridge Parkway- North Carolina & Virginia
- Take a guided 4×4 tour along the back roads of Big Bend National Park- Texas
- Canoe the Buffalo National River- Arkansas
- Ride a snow coach during a winter visit to Yellowstone- Wyoming, Montana & Idaho
- Visit Death Valley’s mysterious Racetrack Playa- California
- Cruise Glacier Bay in Glacier Bay National Park- Alaska
While we haven’t done any of these experiences, we have visited one of the sites. During our trip to South Dakota, we did a half-day trip to Wyoming to visit the Devil’s Tower. We were there during the day and were amazed by this natural site. I’d highly recommend a visit!
If you’ve done any of the experiences from this list or even just visited one, let us know what you thought!
Find out about each of these 10 national park experiences in the USA Today article HERE.