When it comes to underground sites, the things that you will see can vary quite a bit. Some of them are natural while others are man-made.
T+L shares 25 of the World’s Coolest Underground Wonders in a slide show that I came across from 2012.
Here are the Coolest Underground Wonders:
- Turda Salt Mines- Romania
- Magma Chamber of Thrihnukagigur Volcano- Iceland
- Poco Encantado- Brazil
- Puerto Princesa Underground River- Philippines
- Cave of the Crystals- Mexico
- Waitomo Glowworm Caves- New Zealand
- Greenbrier Bunker- Whie Sulphur Springs, West Virginia
- San Clemente Basilica and Santa Maria della Concezione dei Cappuccini- Rome
- Forestiere Underground Gardens- Fresno, CA
- Cabinet War Rooms- London
- Coober Pedy- Australia
- Mayakovskaya Metro Station- Moscow
- Dambulla Cave Temple- Sri Lanka
- Tomb of Seti I- Egypt
- Derinkyu Underground City- Turkey
- Reed Flute Cave- China
- Cu Chi Tunnels- Vietnam
- Nevada National Security Site- Las Vegas
- Les Catacombes- Paris
- Edinburgh Vaults- Scotland
- Dom im Berg- Graz, Austria
- Skocjan Caves- Slovenia
- Mausoleum of the First Qin Emperor- China
- Basilica Cistern- Istanbul
- The Cavern Suite, Grand Canyon Caverns- Arizona
From T+L’s list of underground wonders, I’ve been to 5 which are in bold above. All of them were amazing, impressive and unique sites which were well worth the visit.
Have you been to any amazing underground sites? If so, which one/s and where was it located?
Find out about each of the underground wonders listed above in T+L’s slide show HERE.