After a ridiculously long wait, the issue that I had with United (in mid-January) was finally resolved.
Read all about what happened in these posts:
- Hey United, I Want My $158+ Back
- Update: Hey United, I Want My $158+ Back
- Update 2: Hey United, I Want My $158+ Back
- Update 3: Hey United, I Want My $158+ Back
After submitting the form on united.com/feedback, I was shocked by the info that I received. In an automated e-mail, I was more or less told that I would have to wait a while for a response. The e-mail stated that United was responding to most inquiries in 14-21 business days. Crazy right?
I tried contacting United through Twitter, an approach that has paid off in the past, but it was more or less a waste of time. (In the past, I’ve had great success with American, Delta and Club Carlson just to name a few.)
I finally received a response 25 business days (and over 30 days) later from United.
This made me wonder, how much time is acceptable to wait for a business to respond to its customers?
I’d think that an internet inquiry should get a real (not automated) response in no more than 10 days.
When it comes to mailing in info about an issue (do people still do this anymore?), I could see the response taking a bit longer. I’d probably expect a customer service call to take around as long as an internet inquiry.
Now I’d love to hear your thoughts related to the topic. Please take a moment to answer a couple of questions in the poll. You could also leave your thoughts in the comments below.
Thanks in advance for participating!
What do you consider to be a fair amount of time for a customer service response?
- 24-48 Hours (49%, 18 Votes)
- Up to 5 Days (35%, 13 Votes)
- 7-10 Days (14%, 5 Votes)
- However long it takes. (3%, 1 Votes)
- Two Weeks (0%, 0 Votes)
- Three Weeks (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 37
Which travel companies do you think gets it right when it comes to customer service? (Select up to 3)
- Delta Airlines (28%, 7 Votes)
- Hilton (20%, 5 Votes)
- American Airlines (12%, 3 Votes)
- Southwest Airlines (12%, 3 Votes)
- Club Carlson (8%, 2 Votes)
- Starwood (8%, 2 Votes)
- Hyatt (8%, 2 Votes)
- Other (please tell us who in the comments) (4%, 1 Votes)
- United Airlines (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 16