- The Wall Street Journal has an article with some uncomfortable news for economy class fliers. Check out the article: The Incredible Shrinking Plane Seat.
- Turkey will be opening the first sea tunnel to link 2 continents.
- Check out a childhood fantasy achieved – Watch: Kayak turns into submarine from Outside Magazine
- From Skift: Hotel chain Extended Stay America plans to raise $593 million in IPO.
- I remember hearing something about this a couple of years back: The world’s biggest ferris wheel is coming to Staten Island according to Time Out NY. I’d be interested in taking a ride. Would you?
- Lonely Planet has a do-it-yourself Breaking Bad tour of Albuquerque. As a huge fan of the show, I’d love to do this if/when I make it to Albuquerque.
- Some bad news for United MileagePlus redemptions. View From the Wing has a great breakdown of changes coming to the United Mileageplus award chart. I’m sure glad that we used most of our United miles over the past two summers to fly in premium cabins on a couple of great trips.
- Find out which state matches your personality by taking an online quiz.
- Check out my post about a USA Today article which has the 13 most popular room service items.
Travel Deals & Offers:
- The IHG Pointbreaks list is out. Book rooms for only 5,000 points at select properties around the world until January 31, 2014.
- Earn a $10 Uber credit for using Fare Split in NYC. Earn unlimited credits until 11/10.
- Here is a post about a couple of ways to win a trip to the 2014 Sochi Olympics. Enter by November 11 & 13.
- Win a trip to Vegas to see the National Finals Rodeo. Enter daily until November 12.
- Win a trip to Seattle for the Ultimate Seattle Foodie Experience. Enter by 11/ 28.
- Star Alliance is giving you the chance to win or give gold status to a friend in an online game. There will be 36 prizes given out so there are lots of chances to win. The contest is open until 12/13.
If you have any Travel News, Deals or Offers that you’d like to share, feel free to leave a comment below or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.