You can now use small portable electronic devices (smartphones, tablets & e-readers) in airplane mode during your full day of flying.
Southwest’s satellite-based Wifi costs $8 a day per device which gives you uninterrupted access to free live and on-demand TV compliments of DISH, even during stops and connections.
By accessing the Wifi hotspot you get:
- Free live and on-demand television compliments of DISH- 13 live channels and up to 75 episodes from popular TV series
- E-mail, social networks, browsing and VPN networks
- Some high bandwidth apps & sites are blocked like Netflix, HBO Go & VoIP
- Movies are $5 per device- over 25 current & classic
Check out a short video announcing Live TV & Video on Demand:
Find out more about Southwest’s new Gate to Gate Wifi service HERE.
Check out some of my other posts about Southwest:
- Our First Time Flying Southwest, I’m Impressed
- The Oddest Checked Luggage I’ve Ever Seen
- A Really Cool Perk For Kids From Southwest
- A Nice Gesture From Southwest Airlines
- Lucas Tries Out New Southwest Lie-Flat Seats
- Southwest Plane Cookies, A Fun and Tasty Snack
- Southwest’s Specialty Planes Fleet