Earlier in the week I wrote about a funny and ridiculous offer that Uber ran for National Cat Day. You can find out about it here.
Uber is now offering a more practical promo for trips around New York City.
If you share the cost of your Uber ride (around NYC) using Fare Split, Uber will add $10 to you and your friend’s account.
Here is how you split a fare: (from Uber)
To split a fare, you…
- Request a ride
- Tap the “up arrow” icon next to your driver’s info
- Select “Split Fare”
- Choose your friends
- Tap “Send”
- Tap the link in the text message from Uber
- Your friends who don’t have an Uber account will be prompted to download the app and sign up
- Your Uber-savvy friends will be taken directly to the Uber app
- Your friends will confirm that they want to split your fare
To earn the $10 credits:
- Rides must be taken before Sunday, November 10 at 11:59 PM.
- Take as many rides as you like since there is no limit on the amount of credits you and your friends can earn
- The offer is good with uberX, UberBLACK and UberSUV
Check out the offer from Uber HERE.