- Indian airline GoAir will only hire female flight attendants to lessen the weight on flights and save on fuel costs. They expect to save $500,000 per year due to these changes.
- The world’s largest building opened in Chengdu, China. While most would expect largest to mean tallest, this isn’t the case here.
- Check out a really cool slideshow from USA Today Travel- 10 Craziest Fish and Where To See Them.
- Taiwan will be offering free WiFi to all foreign tourists. They have about 4,400 hotspots around the country. Taiwan was one of the first countries to offer WiFi for free to it’s citizens. Pretty cool if you ask me!
- Lonely Planet has 5 travel photography essentials that won’t weight you down. I found the tips to be useful and I’ll try to use them to improve my photo taking skills.
- Southwest will offer free in-flight TV on personal devices when flying on Wi-Fi enabled planes. Find out more in this USA Today article.
Travel Deals & Offers:
- IHG Rewards Club (formerly Priority Club) is offering Double Miles on every qualifying staying, starting with your second stay until July 31. (Staybridge Suites & Candlewood Suites earn double from first qualifying stay.) Register to qualify for double miles here.
- Johnny Jet is giving away a two night stay at the JW Marriott LA Live in Los Angeles. Enter by July 17.
- Win a trip to Paris for the 2014 Tour de France from RoadID. Enter by July 21.
- Hyatt is looking for help with it’s For Kids By Kids menu. Upload a photo of your child’s favorite breakfast recipe with the ingredients and directions on Facebook to enter. You can win a $2000 AA gift card and 5 night stay at a Hyatt hotel in the U.S., Canada or Caribbean. Enter by July 31.
- Win one of four dream trips (Costa Rica, Italy, Hawaii or Fantasy Fit-cation) from Oikos Yogurt. Enter by August 9.
- Kim and I really enjoyed our time in Saint Petersburg during our visit to Russia. Here is a way for you to go. KLM is giving away two tickets to St. Petersburg in a iFly KLM Language Quiz. Take the quiz by September 2 for a chance to win.
If you have any Travel News, Deals or Offers that you’d like to share, feel free to leave a comment below.