Fodor’s has a fun slideshow- 10 Best Summer Food Festivals.
Kim and I love attending different festivals and events and have been to two from this list.
When we visited Chicago a few years back, we happened to be in town while the Taste of Chicago was going on. After doing a Segway tour we headed over to the Taste and had a great time and tried some awesome food. I’d definitely recommend stopping by if you’re around while the event is going on.
Smorgasburg is a fun food event with lots of great vendors. Being that it takes places in Brooklyn (where we live) we attend the event every couple of weeks. It takes place on Saturdays in Williamsburg and Sundays in DUMBO. There are lots of great choices of things to eat. I’d recomend doughnuts from Dough, pizza from Pizza Moto and an ice cold slush from Kelvin Slush.
Here is the full Food Festivals list:
- Smorgasburg- Brooklyn, NY
- National Cherry Festival- Traverse City, MI
- Taste of Chicago- Grant Park- Chicago, IL
- Vermont Cheesemakers Festival- Shelburne, VT
- Copper River Wild Salmon Festival- Cordovva, AK
- Gilroy Garlic Festival- Gilroy, CA
- Maine Lobster Festival- Rockland, ME
- Beer, Bourbon & BBQ Festival- Cary, NC
- Truckeroo Food Truck Festival- Washington, D.C.
- Austin Ice Cream Festival- Austin, TX
Find out more about each of these food festivals on Fodors.com HERE.