United Airlines is running a very nice program to help children in need around the world.
The United Adventure Bear Program’s mission is to “bring smiles to children in need across the globe”. This year the program will benefit the American Cancer Society and Make-A-Wish America.
There are a couple of ways to participate:
- Give a bear, get a bear– With each $50 donation you receive a 2014 bear and United sends another to a child in need.
- Make a 100% tax deductible contribution in any amount- Choose how much you want to give to the United Airlines Foundation and help support the Adventure Bear Program.
- Bear design and naming– United works with Gund to create a limited edition bear each year. United co-workers then participate in a contest to name the bear.
- Fundraising– takes place in May & June with proceeds going to organizations that help children and their families during health struggles or economic hardship.
- Bear deliveries– In January & February bears are delivered to children around the globe. Bears have been delivered around the U.S. and to countries like Austria, China, Germany, Ireland, Israel, Portugal and Vietnam.