- Fires in Indonesia have caused record levels of air pollution & the worst haze Singapore has ever had. Find out more in this Outside Online article.
- United is the North American launch partner for the Boeing 787-10. Read about it here.
- United shared some photos on Facebook of the newly redesigned United Club in Chicago at O’Hare’s Terminal 2. Check it out here.
- Kim and I loved visiting Cambodia and Angkor Wat. Check out this article about an airborne laser revealing a city under “Cambodian earth”.
- Some NYC parks are getting solar- powered street charge stations from AT&T and Goal Zero. Find out more in this Engadget article here.
- Check out this Flickr post which has some amazing photos of NYC’s Massive Subway Project going on underground to build the long delayed Second Avenue Subway.
- Six sites in Syria were placed on the UN list of world heritage in danger. Find out more here.
Deals & Offers:
- Win a GoGo Family Travel Package through a Facebook giveaway. Prize includes one iPad, three iPad minis, Canon Rebel T3i Digital Camera Kit, a Rockland Luggage Set, two Trunki kids rolling cases and one Samsung 32GB SD memory card. Enter by June 28.
- Enter to win 2 tickets to Norway on IcelandAir (from North America to Oslo) from travel blog Points and Travel. Sweepstakes ends June 30. I’d love to win this prize as Norway is the only Scandinavian country that I have not visited.
- Enter the Dunkin’ Doughnuts “Beat the Heat” game to win instant prizes and gain entries into the grand prize sweepstakes for a chance to win a VIP suite to a Mets or Yankees Game. Enter here daily until June 30.
- Celebrate 25 years of Best Western Reward Points by entering for a chance to win 1,000,000 points. Click here to enter through Facebook. Sweepstakes ends July 14.
- Enter United MileagePlus Shopping’s Sky’s the Limit Sweepstakes where 20 winners will get 25,000 miles and one winner will also get a $1500 shopping spree. Sweepstakes ends July 28, enter every day by clicking here.
If you have any Travel News, Deals or Offers that you’d like to share, feel free to leave a comment below.