We’ll be flying to Milwaukee for Memorial Day Weekend tonight.
Some of you might be wondering- Why Milwaukee?
I was looking to fly somewhere relatively close (and direct) on Southwest Airlines. At a little over 2.5 hours away Milwaukee seemed like a good choice. Other places under consideration were Detroit (Kim did not want to go) and Omaha (connecting flights made the flights too long for such a short weekend).
Visiting Milwaukee was appealing to me for a few reasons.
I’ll get to:
- Visit a new state- Wisconsin
- Visit another baseball stadium- Miller Park- Brewers
- Lots of great food and beer options
- Check out sites/ museums around the city
- New York (LGA)- Milwaukee (MKE)- 11,880 points (purchase price $209)
- Milwaukee (MKE)- New York (LGA)- 6,540 points (purchase price $120)
- Country Inn & Suites Milwaukee Airport- average cost of $81 per night ($93 with tax)
I should earn 20,000+ points from this hotel stay which will hopefully give me 1-2 free nights of hotel stays in the future.
Just like with my car rental for Colorado, I booked with Hertz. I used a couple of codes that I found in a post by Boarding Area blog Deals We Like. The 3 day car rental will come to a little under $64 including taxes and fees.
Make sure to keep checking back for posts about our time in Milwaukee.
Just A Reminder:
Enter for a chance to win a Delta 10% Off Flight Certificate and Drink Voucher HERE.
Contest ends 5/29/13 at 12:01AM