Over the last 2+ years Delta has been renovating and expanding JFK Airport’s Terminal 4. The expansion has a budget of $1.2 billion and will replace Terminal 3 for Delta’s international flights out of the airport.
Many improvements and upgrades are on the way including:
- Two rows of check- in counters
- A new, automated baggage handling system
- Security check points being consolidated into one area which allows for all of the retail and food options to be behind security
- An additional 9 international gates, giving Delta a total of 16 at JFK
- Larger waiting areas
- Additional, new and powered seating for charging your electronic devices
- The largest Sky Club Delta has to offer
The Sky Club will have 24,000 square feet of space and include the first ever Delta Sky Deck, a 2,000 square foot outdoor terrace. The Sky Deck will offer guests amazing views of Manhattan which I’d definitely love to get a chance to see. The Sky Deck sounds like a great addition for an airport lounge.
Delta’s new Terminal 4 sounds pretty amazing but what I am most excited for is the great food options that will be available once you get through security.
Shake Shack is the opening that I am most looking forward to. I can’t wait to hear what the airport- inspired concrete flavors will be for the T4 locations.
|Image Credit: PRNewsFoto/SSP America|
There will actually be two Shacks at Terminal 4 but it’s not their first time opening in an airport. They opened earlier in the year at Dubai International Airport (DXB). I reached out to Shake Shack and asked them a few questions about the upcoming openings at Terminal 4.They told me how they are excited to be a part of the new Delta terminal but didn’t have anything else to share at this time. I also asked if Shake Shack had plans to expand to more airports and was told that there are no current plans for other airport Shacks.
Some other notable openings:
- Macus Samuelsson- theTop Chef Masters champion and James Beard award winning chef will open Uptown Brasserie and Street Food by Marcus Samuelsson.
- Blue Smoke on the Road- An airport version of Danny Meyer’s NYC barbecue restaurant Blue Smoke.
- The Palm Bar & Grille- airport version of the famous The Palm Steakhouse
- La Brea Bakery- The popular artisanal bread maker will have a location at T4 serving sandwiches, salads, fresh breads and pastries.