In 2012 I ran in four 5K Airport Runway Runs. The first runway run that I participated in was at JFK Airport in New York. It was a really fun event with a huge turnout. There were some great views of planes taking off and a generous raffle which gave away many flights!
Even though I didn’t win a flight I still had a great time (and workout) and have been looking forward to the 2013 run.
The other runway runs that I participated in were:
I just received an e-mail from the race coordinators announcing the date for the 2013
JFK Runway Run. The race will be on Sunday, April 14, 2013.
Besides the date for the 2013 race, there was no other information. The site said details to follow- not so helpful!
However, there was a link to register online for the race. I clicked the link and was happy to see loads of information about the race!
Here are the details:
- Race starts at 9:00AM
- Number pickup- race day of only- 7:00- 8:40AM at Building 14
- Online registration closes April 13 at 6:00AM
- Cost: $25 for adults, $19 for students 18 and under with student IDs
- Runway Run T-Shirt and Goody Bag guaranteed to anyone registered by April 1
- All participants are entered in a drawing to win round trip airline tickets
- There will also be a raffle with tickets for purchase. Airline tickets and other prizes will be given away
Kim and I plan to register for the JFK Runway Run soon, we just have to check our schedules first. Does anybody else plan to sign up for this event?
Click HERE to check out the JFK Runway Run webpage. Details should be added soon.
If you’d like to register for the race now Click Here