Today I am celebrating the first birthday of Michael W Travels. I can’t believe that it’s already been a year but it’s been a really fun and busy one!
I started my blog as a place to keep you informed about most things travel. No travel-related topic is off limits and my content varies from day to day.
Some Topics I Cover:
- Travel News
- Mileage offers & bonuses
- Travel Contests (I’ve even ran a few myself)
- Trip Reports
- Photos from my travels around the world
- Becoming an occasional contributor to the SCOTTEVEST weekly newsletter and having them become the blog’s first gear sponsor
- Being interviewed on travel blog Million Mile Secrets
- Getting a response from American Airlines’ attorney and the founders of Award Wallet about their “situation”.
- Going on my first sponsored trip to the Lakes to Locks Passage & Saratoga (Check out my posts from 10/7-9 to find out more about our visit)
- Being mentioned on various travel blogs likes AAdvantageGeek, Delta Points, Frugal Travel Guy and Lufthansa Flyer.
- Many more…
A few months after starting the blog, I wrote about A New Kind of Miles. I was thrilled to introduce you to my favorite kind of miles- my son Lucas Miles! Lucas Miles W. took his first flight at less than 3 months old. He has been a great travel partner and has flown over 30,000 miles already. Lucas has joined Kim and I on flights to Barbados, South Dakota and Southeast Asia (Singapore, Bali & Malaysia). Lucas turned 9 months old yesterday.
Some Posts of Interest:
- The Mutter Museum- A Museum of Medical Oddities
- Jumping at the Equator- Kenya
- A Swim With The Coney Island Polar Bears- Brooklyn, NY
- Ridiculous Street Signs: Tallinn, Estonia
- Shop For A Hat,Get in the Local Paper- Vienna, Austria
- Contest: I’m Giving Away A SCOTTEVEST Travel Vest
- Interview:Gary Arndt of Everything Everywhere
- Our Awesome Experience With Airbnb
- Three Strikes (Calls) And Your’re Approved for the British Airways Card
- Citi American Airlines Retention Bonus Offers