How would you like to go through a speedier screening process at the airport??? I am sure that we all would. The TSA’s Pre-Check Program will be coming to JFK Airport in NY this year.
(no exact date was announced)
It is already being used at several other airports as a pilot program and open to select individuals.
The program includes no longer removing items like:
- 3-1-1 compliant bag from carry on
- Light jackets
It is currently available at:
- Atlanta: T-South Checkpoint (Delta only)
- Dallas: Terminal C, Checkpoint C30 (American only)
- Detroit: Checkpoint 2 on the ticketing level (Delta only)
- Miami: D2 Checkpoint (American only)
- Las Vegas: D Gates First Class Checkpoint (American and Delta
The program is currently open to:
- Frequent Flyers: Delta Air Lines and American Airlines (AA) have contacted eligible frequent flyers with an invitation to opt-in. Once the passenger opts in, the airline identifies the individual as a TSA Pre-Check participant when submitting passenger reservation information to TSA’s Secure Flight system.
- Custom and Border Protection Trusted Travelers (Current members of CBP’s Global Entry, SENTRI and NEXUS Trusted Traveler programs are automatically eligible to participate in TSA Pre-Check)
Find out more about the TSA Pre-Check program here